During Hans’ 12 years of bodywork, he has become more excited than ever about the adaptability of the human structure, regardless of age. He first studied massage in Boulder, CO, where he was immersed in a competetive racing environment and worked to optimize performance among athletes.
After moving to Iowa, in addition to working with athletes, Hans found himself serving masons, farmers, teachers, musicians, and those working in offices. He wanted to provide them more meaningful relief and a longer-lasting effect on both structure and client self-awareness. This desire led him to Rolfing® Structural Integration and back to Boulder for more study in 2013.
Hans’ formal bodywork training is comprised of over 2000 hours of hands on, supervised classroom work and internships with the University of Colorado Music Department, vegetable farms around Boulder, and several retirement homes. As a practitioner, he has served as head therapist for a professional bike racing team in California, of which a few notable members were medalists in past Olympics, and enjoys working with his client base of many ages and lifestyles.
Beyond bodywork, Hans enjoys taking saunas, playin’ clawhammer banjo, weeding the garden, and walking in the woods with his lovely lady, two children, and two standard poodles.
- Rolfing® Structural Integration
- Biodynamic Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Rolf Movement® Integration
- The Rolf Institute of Structural Integration – Boulder, Colorado
- Boulder College of Massage Therapy
- National Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- Iowa Massage License
- Bachelor’s Degree from Luther College
- Private Practice
- Luther College Massage Therapist
- Head Therapist for professional cycling team
- Therapeutic care in retirement homes
- On-farm chair massage
- Music Department Internship at University of Colorado Boulder